Matt Crowe - Odyssey World Marathons
Since completing a 4 year degree in Human Movement degree in 1993 I have been actively involved with educating, training and motivating people to better their lives through health, fitness and lifestyle initiatives.
In the past 20 years I have completed over 25000 training sessions for professional and amateurs athletes alike across a variety of sports including running, tennis, triathlon, rugby, cycling, athletics, golf and general fitness.
But there is something supremely rewarding and magical about training and guiding 'an ordinary individual' to run a marathon! There is no bigger thrill for me then taking someone from the self doubt and disbelief of 'I can't do that' to the elation, triumph and pride of 'I can't believe I did that!'.
I am not an elite runner but simply a very passionate and committed amateur who has dedicated my life to exercise and fitness pursuits and competed in many events throughout the world. Among my achievements are:
- 4yr Degree in Human Movement Studies from UTS University where I was Sportsperson of the Year
- Personal Training Level 4 certification
- Played professional rugby league for North Sydney Bears for 3 years
- Started my own Personal & Corporate Training company in 1993
- 2003-Present - 10 years as owner/operator of Odyssey Health Club & Spa at The Sydney Intercontinental Hotel.
- 2006- Present - established Odyssey World Marathons running clinics training and taking runners to 2 or 3 Australian & International marathons per year.
I personally have competed in sports and endurance events for over 20 years including:
- 21 marathons on 6 continents including: New York, Great Wall of China, Kilimanjaro, Berlin, Egypt, Japan, Athens, 6 Foot Track and various other Australian events.
- Over 50 triathlons including Ironman Brazil
- Hundreds of fun runs and adventure races
- Currently play 'A' Grade golf, tennis and basketball
My Magic Most Memorable Marathons
New York - 2 million people from all walks of life cheering you on - you just gotta keep running!
Kilimanjaro - the mountain, the people, the little boy with one thong keeping up for 3km - a raspberry gel well deserved!
The Great Wall of China - The wall, the stairs, the history, the stairs, the pain - did I mention the stairs!
Berlin - flat, cool, fast - was that Haile that just lapped me (again)!
Mt Sinai Egypt - So much sand - I hope this road turns around some time - was that a Bedouin on a camel that just went across my path!
Rotorua - That smell isnt so bad. Just a quick lap of the lake - Odyssey World Marathons is launched!
Athens - Running in the footsteps of Pheidippidies from Marathon to Athens to commemorate the 2500yr anniversary of 'The Marathon' is pretty hard experience to beat!
Everest - 7 day trek to Everest base camp and a 6hr return trip down mountain free for all marathon amidst heavenly scenery. Wow, wow, wow!